RE: multiple cygwin1.dlls

> To which helpful instructions are you referring? I've been
> working off of the
> "helpful" instructions in
> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2000-q1/msg00056.html
> . I assumed that the
> pre-alpha-xfree... was xfree compiled under cygwin, and not a
> copy of cygwin. That
> page had me download pre-alpha-xfree-cygwin-b20.1.tar.bz2.
> That's a tar of usr/X11R6,
> which contains the offending dll. Can I delete just that dll or
> is there more I need
> to delete? The other download was ggi.tar.gz.  That contains a
> bunch of stuff for
> /usr/local/etc/ggi.

You can delete all the DLLs if you do not anything to work ;-)

> I even tried renaming usr/X11R6/bin/cygwin1.dll, and that didn't
> seem to change
> anything.

Looks like I left my copy of Cygwin1.dll in usr/X11R6/bin?  If you see
a Cygwin1.dll in /usr/X11R6/bin you must delete it.  Are you using
B20.1 or Cygwin v 1.0?

The pre-alpha contains binaries from xfree86 but X-server in pre-alpha
were not functional.  I will be removing pre-alpha over the weekend.

If you need X-server you need either XVNC, xfddx or use XGGI from pre-alpha.

Use the cygwin1.dll which came with your Cygwin.

Suhaib