RE: cygwinb19 files in current xfree distribution

First of all:

To All:

To all Cygwin-xfree subscribers and users, please direct your messages to
cygwin-xfree
list.  It seems to be a recent trend that everyone is sending e-mails
directly to me
Chris Faylor setup mailing list for some obvious purposes and we should make
use of it.

To answer your 2 questions.

1) cygwinb19 dll was linked intentionally.  The binary was compiled by Dr.
Peter Busch
and I uploaded his binary 2 weeks ago for people to test drive it.  You are
reporting a
2 week old binary.  Always check recent distribution before reporting
problems.

2) I do not think You can run objdump on Microsoft DLLs.  The drivers and
DLLs are compiled
using Microsoft VC 6++ and NTDDK for some obvious reasons:

a) There is a lot of Intel ASM code in the drivers., which GCC at present
cannot handle.
There was discussion about it very first day when drivers were uploaded.

b) Linking the DLLs which called devices drivers to cygwin1.dll will reduce
the
performance.  There is a lot of DLL calling another DLL and drivers (*.sys)
going on in the background, which I think will be slow if all the devices
based drivers are linked cygwin1.dll.

Now what is a big benefit of making RPMS of binaries? Please elaborate?

At some point when X-server are stabilized the best option would be create
Installshield setup.

Suhaib