Re: Try this...

Much better. But I had to do a lot.

1. If I just run XGGI -targets directxnt,
running xterm without any args brings up an xterm!
So running xterm -e tcsh must be a path problem.
1a) The cygwin1.dll you sent me seems to have made the difference.
1b) Which shell is being run when I type xterm? My guess is that it's sh, but
I'm not sure how, other than -e /g/contrib/bin/tcsh.exe,
to tell it where to find tcsh.
1c) I was able to bring up a window on XGGI from another machine!!!!

2. XGGI doesn't refresh after the Windows screen saver finishes. It remains a
black window.
Will I be able to recover from this, or should I kill off the processes on the
remote machine?

3. What's the relationship/difference between XGGI and xinit?
/usr/X11R6/bin/xinit works, however it takes over the whole screen.
(This may be good or bad, depending on how you look at it.  I haven't decided
yet,
although I'm not sure how to bring up an NT window.)
xinit is VERY slow.
I'm not sure what the clean way of stopping xinit. I had to resort to killing
off the process.
This left all my tcsh windows trying to use all the cpu cycles. So I had to
kill them off one by one.

4. Do you know where I can get a copy of rlogin?

Thanks for your help!
Steve

John Fortin wrote:

> Steve,
>     Can you try this version of the cygwin1.dll
>
> John

>                   Name: cygwin1.dll
>    cygwin1.dll    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>               Encoding: base64
begin:vcard
n:Kelem;Steve
tel;fax:408-399-8905
tel;work:408-335-2718
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.adaptivesilicon.com
org:Adaptive Silicon, Inc.
adr:;;985 University Ave., Suite 31;Los Gatos;CA;95032-7639;U.S.
version:2.1
email;internet:kelem@adaptivesilicon.com
title:Chief Scientist
fn:Steve Kelem