RE: try this...

> > 1a) The cygwin1.dll you sent me seems to have made the difference.
>
> Good.

No idea what cygwin1.dll difference you mean.

> > I'm not sure what the clean way of stopping xinit. I had to resort to
> killing
> > off the process.
> > This left all my tcsh windows trying to use all the cpu cycles. So I
> had to
> > kill them off one by one.
> >

> I'm not sure... Suhaib??

If I remember correctly this was an issue with cygwin1.dll from snapshots
couple of months ago, and should be fixed in the recent development
snapshots.
xinit should not consume cpu cycles the way you describe, unless
there are other problems.

Are you runing any disk defragment software as Windows NT, for example
Diskeeper?
I had this problem with Diskeeper, even though it was not runing but was
scheduled
to run on my NT machines in nite.  It was consuming CPU cycles and making
workstion
awfully slow.  Since then I trashed it.

> > 4. Do you know where I can get a copy of rlogin?

Get the code from a Linux box and compile it.

Suhaib