RE: usage of Xt?

It is correct that you cannot build Xt as a DLL, unless you use the trick
Exceed folks did... that write a custom dll and all the X and MOTIF dlls
call it first.

Your problems is that you need to set XKeysymDb and XErrorDB.  This had been
discussed
a few times and you should an answer to your problem in mailing list
archives of cygwin-xfree
and cygwin.

I am updating the FAQ and a work around for this problem will be in updated
FAQ.
Actually I had been working on updating FAQ and Cygwin-xfree URL today.

Suhaib