RE: Question about X-term

> On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 07:01:38AM -0700, Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
> > > I don't think the official cygwin release includes a termcap file.
> >
> > Yes there is one.  Which Cygwin are you using? B19, B20, Version 1.0,
> > version 1.1.0??
>
> The latest net release, 1.1.0 I suppose.  I'm also using the
> usr-local tarball from cygutils, but other than that it's mostly a
> clean install.

If there are problems with usr/local tar file from Cygwutils, that should be
reported to the maintainer of Cygutils.  I even have no idea what
is usr-local.tar distribution.

> No, I didn't originally try Cygnus's ftp server.  The
> ftp.susite.utk.edu/pub/cygwin mirror has a reasonably up-to-date
> copy of the "latest" directory, but I guess its copies of xfree are
> ancient.

You should get binary release from
ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/xfree/xc-4-binaries

> The Cygnus site isn't accepting connections right now, but I'll get
> 6.4 when it does and let you know if that one is also behaving
> weirdly.
>
> > > In any case, the rxvt program from the cygutils site works fine for
> > > me as a substitute.
> > > (http://cygutils.netpedia.net/V1.1/rxvt-2.6.1/index.html)
> >
> > I thought rxvt is from Buba???  The rxvt should not require an X-server
> > if that is the correct version as distributed by it's original author.
> > Since that version does not need X11 libs you should not see C locale
> > and termcap entry warning and/or errors.
>
> I think it's C. Wilson's port.  I'm actually setting DISPLAY to send
> it over to the X-server on my Linux box.  I haven't yet tried
> running a server off Windows, but I'd love to see how that works. ;)

Please report rxvt problems to Cygutils matainer at Cygwin users list.  He
should
be able to help you.

Suhaib