Re: your mail

Todd, Thanks for the comments.

I was extremely frustrated with XFree86 Organization
and their of way handeling new contributions.  In
facet the
Interim GPL note was added after a conversation with
some of the BOD at XFree86 Organzaniation, as a result
of frustration.
I did mention a few times to them I would release my
changes under whatever license they would find
suitable... but after a while I gave up and declared
it GPL to prevent them from adding my changes without
my permissions.  At one point one of their main
developer added my xterm changes to their main code
base, without permission, which is still in XFree86
4.0.  This addition was without my permission, while
they were still raising questions about Cygwin being
GPL.

I have decided not to even waist my time on asking
them to accept the changes.  if they want it then they
had to contact me.

To  answer your questions about a copy of private
changes... i maitain 3 different directories... the
GPL notes are only on the directory which had been
released to public via Sourceware.

Regards
Suhaib