Re: vim-5.4 compile on B20

This questions actually belongs on Cygwin main mailing
list.

However, yer.  Have a look at
http://siddiqi.webjump.com
It is my port of Vin 5.5, which contains vim for
X-Windows, and vim without
X.  The ported code is included in the archive.

Suhaib

Behalf Of Joseph T.
> Tannenbaum
> Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2000 6:37 PM
> To: cygwin-xfree@sourceware.cygnus.com
> Subject: vim-5.4 compile on B20
>

> Hello,
>
> Trying to use cygnus cygwin-b20 to practice writing
shell scripts.
> I have RedHat 6.1 CD's.
>
> The first program I needed for the examples was bc.
I extracted the
> source from the RH 6.1 rpm and compiled using b20.
Went great and bc
> appears to work properly.
>
> Next, I needed a basic editor, so tried the same
with vim-5.4 sources, and
> it appears to not like a few things.  I DID get it
to compile, but it
> appears to not be able to always understand the
return for the term.  I
> think it may be because of the TERM environment
(using cygwin).
> it print "OOPS" at the beginning of the current
line, and when using line
> numbers, the line starts before the number.
>
> Has anyone compiled a good copy of vi that will use
either EXINIT or
> .exrc to set it's mode for a i586 under cygwin?  I
am using win98.