RE: cygwin XFree86 as windows window manager ?

> On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
>
> > I do not know about litesetp.  If it does not know X protocols, it
> > will not be a good candidate because it would require adding code for
> > X protocols.
>
> Two people have responded similarly, so I was unclear.
>
> I was not suggesting buidling the X protocolos into litestep.  I was
> suggesting building the windows shell capabilities into XFree86.
>
> I want enlightenment to handle my entire windows desktop.

Now that we've wandered delightfully off-topic, you might want to
look at E-Sense (http://www.kjofol.org/e/). There are a dozen other
themed shells for windows out there, from OpenSourced tools like
Litestep (litestep.net) and eFX to commercial product liks
Windows Blinds from StarDock software (windowsblinds.net).
Visit customize.org for more Win32 eye-candy, and themes.org for
OpenSource themes.

Trying to get an X11 native window manager to manage your Win32
windows isn't feasible. Once Peter writes a windowable X11 server,
however, it is feasible that you run the Win32 port of Enlightenment
with the same theme as your native X11 version - effectively
merging the look and feel.

We're really comparing apples and oranges here.

- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@2c2.com> <ian@blenke.com>