RE: X Servers on Win 9x

> Thanks for clearly the doubt. I can now get the
> DirectX window displayed. But unfortunately the xterm
> doesn't come up. I have cygwin 1.1 installed as
> d:\cygwin (root) and have the X-servers-v-1.0 as
> d:\usr. I started at command prompt "startdx". I can
> see the windows that comes up, it spawns up two MS Dos
> windows (xterm and twm), then I get "bash: no such
> file or directory".
> So I copied bash from d:\cygwin\bin to \usr\bin\x11

huh? bash from Cygwin is not an X application and
will not display on Xdesktoip.

What you are getting is no such file error.... it means something is
missing.
My best bet is you are missing /bin/sh, xterm uses sh
by defaultand /bin/sh path is hardcoded in source code...

Suhaib

> and restarted the DirectX application, Even then
> xterms fails to show, with some warnings and one error
>  Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale
> unchanged
>  Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to
>  Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using
> default
>  Failed to open input method
>
> I then added C_LOCALE env. variable to
> D:\usr\lib\X11\locale\C,

I think you have mixed up X11R6 for Cygwin
and X11 for MSVC.... a cocktail will
give you all kind of errors and warnings.

Suhaib