RE: help with x11 server

> i don't even remember where but i download a bz2 file
> x-servers-v-1.0.tar.bz2,
>  which had all the compiled servers (directx version)
> but for some reason it is giving me the following error whenever
> i startx(or
> rather startdx)
> the errors are as follows, two dialog messages actually:
>  Couldn't open RGB_DB '/usr/lib/X11/rgb
>  Could not open default font 'fixed'

Are not "Could not open..." ERRORS enough for you?
It means, you do not have c:\usr\lib\X11\rgb.txt and
c:\usr\lib\X11\font and who knows what else you
might be missing or may have installed X-servers-v-1.0
in some weird path instead of C:\usr.

As you wrote "forget about compiling" if you could not
make sense of errors language, then you would really
waste more time if you even think of compiling X.  X is
a compilicated code... "Do not try at home unless
you know what you want to do..."

Suhaib