Re: should I buy cygwin CD to complie Xfree?

What are the exact problems?

Your previous post with build errors indicates you
had a lot of *c.a nd *cf files mixed from tar-balls
and CVS.  The link time errors of -lipc not found
was due to olde Cygwin.rules file you were using with
new cygwin.cf.  In the new code I disabled #define
HasShm
Youc an edit cygwin.cf file and change #define HasShm
NO to YES.  But you will need IPC from
cygutils.netpedia.net and install it in
/usr/lib.  Also rename libcygipc.a to libipc.a.  The
IPC headers from IPC from Chuck needs a little
hacking, otherwise you might get a lot of compilation
probelms.

The XFree compiles without problems with
Cygwin Net release.  Buying CD is your personal
choice.

I might start posting build log files.

Suhaib