RE: Build Xfree?

There is no problem on downloading on Linux.

If you ftp'd the whole source tree from Linux to windows, did
you use ASCI mode or BIN mode for ftp?
Maybe tar.gziped? then ftp'd?  Is Cygwin disk mounted with -b (binary)
option?  Or you extracted *.tar.gz archive after ftp'ing from
Linux on text mounted Cygwin disk? mount will tell you details about
Cygwin mount points.

Suhaib