Re: Build Xfree?

Dear Suhaib

There is no problem on downloading on Linux.

Yes, I had no problem to download it.
After i download all the file. i packed all the file with tar cvf  src.tar
./*.

> If you ftp'd the whole source tree from Linux to windows, did
> you use ASCI mode or BIN mode for ftp?

I used BIN mode in ftp in the Gygwin.

> Maybe tar.gziped? then ftp'd?

As i said it all the files which i downloaded from CVS are not tar or zip
file. I have just tared the downloaded files.

>  Is Cygwin disk mounted with -b (binary)
> option?

My Cygwin mount is as follows:

BASH.EXE-2.04$ mount

Device                   Directory        Type      Flags
c:\cygwin\bin          /usr/bin           user        binmode
c:\cygwin\lib          /usr/lib             user        binmode
c:\cygwin

>  Or you extracted *.tar.gz archive after ftp'ing from
> Linux on text mounted Cygwin disk?

I downloaded src.tar file which i tared on the Linux to win98 with ftp.
And I extracted it and i got cygwin-xfree directory under src directory.
I have done make World in the directory /src/cygwin-xfree.

But I have always same Error Messages.
glapi_x86.s: Assembler messages:
> > glapi_x86.s:22: Error: no such 386 instruction: `aligntext16'
> > glapi_x86.s:23: Error: invalid character '_' in mnemonic
> > glapi_x86.s:24: Error: invalid character '_' in mnemonic
> > glapi_x86.s:25: Error: invalid character '_' in mnemonic
> > glapi_x86.s:26: Error: invalid character '_' in mnemonic

I am confusing which files i should compile for  Xfree?
xc40-1.tar xc40-2.tar xc40-3.tar xc40-4.tar on the sourceware.cygnus.com
or
/src/cygwin-xfree from CVS?

Best Reagrds

Lee