Re: re. Now a XFree86 4.0 based X-server

> I came across your announcement of an XFree86
> 4.0-based X server.

OK

> "Peter Busch gave a big hand in writing a DirectX
> based
> dynmically loaded library and fixing bugs.
> Soooooooooooooo!!!!!
> Here is a first version of "stable" XFree86 4.0
> based
> X-server.
> Get the xfree86-4.0-xwin.tar.bz2 from

ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/xfree/xc-4-binaries
> Unzip and untar in a /usr directory.  Grab rest of
> the archives from xc-4-binaries directory on
> Sourceware
> or get X-servers-v-1.0.tar.bz2 from contrib
> directory."
>
> - However, I can't log into the ftp server, Anon
> login is not working.
>
> - I was hoping this would provide me a free X server
> forWin32. However, I
> see you are instructing people to untar into a /usr
> directory, which is
> present only in UNIX systems, not on Win32. So am I
> wrong?

Yes you are 100% wrong.  Subscribe to Cygwin adn
Cygwin-xfree mailing lists. Refer to
http://sources.redhat.com/ml

Learn the Cygwin world which runs on Windows and might
amaze your Nokia Telephone enginners if they have not
heard about it.

> Can you please let me know the answer to the above
> points? Thanks!

Further questions, please ask through appropriate
mailing list.

Suhaib