FW: Xserver crashes

Hi Yukihiko,

Thanks for information.  It is a good analysis.  According to Microsoft
Knowledgebase, "Direct Draw Init Failed" is usually because of incompatible
DirectX and DirectDraw versions.  Windows2000 ships with DirectX 7.0, but
I think a lot of video crad vendors have not updated their DirectX drivers
after DirectX 3.0.  The DirectX and DirectDraw code in X-server is backward
compatible with DirectX 3.0, but not with DirectInput.

If a video card vendor is still shiping ancient directx drivers, we cannot
do anything about it.  Users needs to bug their video card vendors.
I am using GeForce2 GTS and its drivers are OpenGl and DirectX 7.0
accelerated.
My other PC which I test has Matrox G200 with NT 4.0 SP6a.  It works OK
on it too.  I cannot possibly test the X-server on every video card,
therefore
we have to depend on users input, and possibley work arounds and fixes if
possible.
X is always a hardware depenet, particularly video driver, therefore the
native video driver installed on Windows plays a major role.

I appreciate your input.

Thanks
Suhaib