Re: conflicting types for `_cygwin_dll_entry' with fresh cygwin-1.1.4 and latest Xfree

"Dr. Volker Zell" wrote:

>     Suhaib> Beside this problem and a few more were fixed in Cygwin/Xfree
>     Suhaib> CVS which were merged into XFree86 main brach.  Please checkout
>     Suhaib> http://www.xfree86.org/cvs for the latest source code.
>
> Sorry I'm behind a firewall.

just a note - there's no reason you shouldn't be able to use cvs from
behind a firewall - I do it both at home and at work - your sys admin
should be able to configure it properly

for what it's worth, we use the gnatbox (http://www.gnatbox.com/) - I
use the free "light" version at home, and we use the full version at
work

it's not a software firewall like BlackICE and some others - it requires
a separate box - an old Pentium (or even 486) with 16MB RAM, a floppy,
and a couple of Ether cards are all that's needed (no hard drive) - it's
actually a stripped-down BSD kernel

anyway, just a point of possible interest...

-John Turner