RE: Setup.exe

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-xfree-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Bradley McCrorey
Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2000 8:46 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Setup.exe

>So, am I wasting my time with the setup.exe that's supposed to download and
install everything? It
>keeps saying it can't find *.tmp files when trying to download.

Yes, you are definitely wasting your time, if you are trying to install
Xfree86
using setup.exe.  Just like setup.exe for Adobe Photoshop will install
Microsoft
PhotoDraw, setup.exe for Cygwin 1.1.x will not do a magick to download
XFree86
bzip2 compressed file and install it.

DOWLOAD from FTP server and install /usr/X11R6

>Should I quit trying with it, or is there some magical (read: undocumented)
>thing I have to do to it to make it work?

Yes you better quit before it bite you. The magic is never documented, that
is why it is called magic ;)

Cheers
Suhaib