From: Sylvan Katz [mailto:jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 8:42 PM
To: cygwin-xfree
Subject: PLEASE can anyone help?

Anyone:

I am trying to get Xwin running on my NT 4.0 SP 6.0. I am not a software
developer I am a researcher who runs 2  NT machines and a Linux box. I need
an Xserver so I can work on my Linux box from one of my NT machines. I
maintain an Oracle DB on the Linux box and I query it with Perl scripts. I
had hoped that Xwin would do the trick. Cygwin installed okay and the
Xserver  starts but I get an "acquire keyboard" error and there is no
keyboard input available. I am running a LogiTech PC/AT Keyboard (84-Key) -
US English - cordless keyboard. If you think that Xwin is too unstable to
use then I shall move to MI/X.

Thank you
Dr. Sylvan Katz
Saskatoon, Sask