From: Sylvan Katz [mailto:jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 11:14 AM
To: Harold Hunt; cygwin-xfree
Subject: Re: PLEASE can anyone help?

Harold:

Sorry for the delay - academic business :-)

> One more thing: do you have any programs running that might use Direct
Input
> to acquire the keyboard?  Try shutting down all non-system applications,
> then try to launch Cygwin/XFree86.  I would shut down any applications in

I can not find anything that might be using Direct Input. I tried shutting
everything down in Startup as you suggested but this did not cure the
problem. I did not play with the registery as I am do not feel competent to
poke around in it and the NT machines are my production machines. I prefer
to leave them alone since it took some work to get them into a stable
production configuration.

> You might first want to try installing a normal keyboard (not just a
normal
> driver), just to see if that works or not.

I will give this a try and get back to you

Sylvan

Sylvan Katz
Saskatoon, Sask
VE5ZX & G0TZX