RE: Why run XWindows on top of MS Windows?

I agree - it is rudimentary questions that *MUST* be covered by the web
page or the FAQ. "Frequently" asked questions...

I am happy to put in the reasoning the next time I update the pages
(probably this weekend). (UNLESS you object Suhaib.).

Rob

This group isn't moderated. It is 100% volunteer unpaid contribution.
Chris Faylor et al from Redhat listen in but aren't involved in the
development (unless you lot just got a lot of time ? :-]). So thanks for
your brilliant, inspired response that will get everyone assisting you
in this project.
Nuff Said.

> It would be helpful if the moderators of this list were more tolerant
> potential users, no matter what their skill set, of the
> exciting tools that
> this group provides. Insulting people who pose naive
> questions is not a to
> encourage new users. So PLEASE cool your jets and be MORE TOLERANT.

Yes. Like you? The X-Server port has only just reached stablility - at
this point this is the development group, not a support group.

> >Sorry, this questions cannot be included in FAQ, it is too
> redumentary.
>
> This is precisely the type of basic question that should be
> in an FAQ - they
> are for use by experienced users and newbies.

As I said.. I agree

Rob