RE: Why run XWindows on top of MS Windows?

>I think the basic reasoning is useful to have present. (Not the details,
>just something like

>X-Windows is ..... (already there).

>Why use X-Windows on Win32?
>a) show the output of programs running on unix machines or remote
>sservers
>b) Make porting Unix programs to windows easier by providing 100%
>compatible GUI environment, so no "porting" layer for the GUI is needed.

>Rob

OK, point a) and b) are fine to include in FAQ the way you wrote.
But http://www.rahul.net/kenton has a huge number documents devoted to X on
Win32. If a User follows that link from Q.2 from FAQ, he would find answers
to why use Xon Win32 and why use MOTIF on Win32.

Suhaib