RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Offscreen and No DirectInput Test 7

Some great news and some better news and a question about the xfree86
distribution.
	First the better news. On the Windows NT 4.0 (SP5) machine with
the Appian Jeronimo 2000 card I get the Xserver to start without error
and display two (2) windows. Kind of weird. One was a small postage
stamp type and one was the size of the window I had requested in the
bat file. I attach a jpeg file. I do not know if this will propagate
correctly through the mailing list, but I do not have an outside
webserver I can put things on at the moment. Any way, the really weird
thing is that if I put the Windows cursor on the correctly sized window
I get no response. If I put the Windows cursor on the small window it
disappears and the X cursor is activated. However the X cursor is
restricted to act over an area in the upper left hand corner equal to
the size of the small window. I have tried changing the size of the
window I request in the bat file from something smaller than the
postage stamp and get the same behavior. Regardless of this weirdness,
xterm, vtwm, and xclock start just fine.
	Now the great news. On a machine with the same OS but using an
Intense 3d Wildcat 4110 card, The Xserver worked flawlessly! Chalk up
another card covered.

Lastly the question. On both machines I got the line:

error opening security policy file
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy

I did a tar -tvf | grep -i SecurityPolicy on all the tar files from the
xfree/xc-4-binaries and could not find it. It is in the binary tar ball
for the VNC based Xserver. Is this an oversight?

Joel

g (160 kB)

2)  Remote gftp running on a GNU/Linux host with Gnome installed:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/CygwinXFree86-ScreenShot-gftp.png (153 kB)

Good luck, enjoy, and thanks for testing,