RE: Goals of the test releases

Arkadiy Belousov wrote:
>How about another approach: use the drivers GDI uses? The driver's
>interface has to be documented somewhere...

Well, Windows video drivers have to implement functions that draw the GDI
primitives... so the GDI is basically a wrapper around the graphics drivers
that presents a uniform interface to the drivers.  Using the video drivers
directly, if it is even allowed, would require that we write code to deal
with the missing features and differing interfaces of each video driver out
there.  Microsoft has already written that code for us, and that code is
called the GDI :)

Good question,