Errors when starting X with cygwin

Hi,

I installed the latest version of Cygwin and the compiled binaries for
XFree86 from
the Cygwin web site.  I am running Windows 2000 pro and The Cygwin
installation
seems to work well.  I have compiles several c++ programs without problems.

When I  start x using the startxwin.bat file after fixing the path, xfree86
starts and
runs.  If I switch back to the Windows 2000 desktop, I see 3 dos windows
running
that look like they associated to x.

One is XWin.exe and shows the startup sequence.  The only errors in this
window
are there doesn't seem to be a security policy.  I'm not sure how to create
a security
policy file.

The next dos window is for vtwm.exe and shows nothing in the window.

The last window is for xterm.exe.  The following errors are in this window:
Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
Failed to open input method

My installation directory is d:\cygwin.  I have mounted d:\ as /mnt/d and
have
mounted nothing else.

Please let me know if there is something else I need to configure.  I am
having
problems with other x apps as well.  I don't seem to be able to run telnet,
without
getting a signal 127.

Thanks for your response,
Dan Wilson