XFree on Win9x, again

Hello,

Three months ago I installed Cygwin114 and Xfree (July 27 distribution)
on my notebook with Win98. I got also a demo version of the XWin-Pro
commercial X-server from Labtam. The Labtam team said that their
X-server should work fine with Win98 on my computer (of course they
could hardly say no). In fact it does, and my X11 codes (a personal Unix
code and OpenDX) are working fine with Cygwin, but Win98 becomes very
unstable after two or three normal runs : almost each time after having
exited X11, the computer crashes when trying to run some Win98 programs
or simply when trying to shutdown.

I followed the discussion on the mailing list about Xfree on Win98. I
understand that Win98 is mixing 16 bits and 32 bits software but I am
not sure to have a clear view of the problem. Could anyone tell me if
this problem concerns only the Xfree X-servers, or does it concern also
all the X11 binaries and dll's of the Xfree distribution ?

If my X-server is OK, could the Win98 instabilities come from the X11
binaries and dll's linked to my codes ?

I am also wondering  if my computer has enough resources (only 64 Mb
memory). Any idea about some tests to find the source of the Win98
instability would be welcome. I am also looking for some simple exec's
just to test the Labtam X-server, with or without Cygwin.

Best regards,

--
 Richard GRENON
 ONERA