Re: problems in finding the right test 7 thread (was: startx trouble...)

> PS to Suhaib, Harold et al: Perhaps that could be
> added temporarily to the main xfree page or perhaps to
> the faq, to avoid repeated messagges saying the same
> thing. Test 7 thread on the archives is far below the
> test 4 thread, so maybe because of that people misses
> that important thread.

YES!! Exactly. You're right!
That's how I'm thinking about it too.

@Suhaib, this means you don't benefit fellowship _at all_ here if you're
permanently pointing to search in the archives before you know *how*
difficult it is to find the right thread in this terrible *mess*.
It isn't as easy as you might think ... and especially the Test 7 thread is
*damn* hard to find.
I mean the *right* one with the links and everything important there.

Besides, I don't think everyone of the readers here has a *cheap* internet
connection like you might have.
Mine, especially is VERY EXPENSIVE.
If I need to search the mail archives, read everything through (like I said,
> 300 matches) this takes a lot of time - and I'm forced to do everything
on-line! This can take 30 minutes and more.
Not only because of that I'd suggest to build up a FAQ. Yes. ASAP.
Perhaps sorta WEEKLY in the mailing list.

Another big thanks to Alejandro for re-posting the links!

I have them now, but Alejandro, can you think of me almost having gone mad
days before because I couldn't find it no matter how hard I tried?
I had the same problem - saw Test 4 and - HUH? Hey, where's test 7 then?
Since my search system (and query words) weren't the best, it took me more
than 30 minutes until I finally found it.
I don't want to go through this again, please, no.

Andreas