From: Bernard Revet
To: Suhaib Siddiqi
Sent: 11/23/2000 11:36 AM
Subject: Re: Installation on windows NT 4.0

Dear Suhaib Dear all X-cygwinnies

Like Julie I obtained the grey screen with the x cross of X, but this
did not go further
Alt F4 allowed me to return to Windows
I am running MS Windows NT 4.0 patch 6 and have a STB nitro 3D card

There is also a message indicating that /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to
root

After Alt F4 I got the message
error opening policy security file
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/Security-policy

This file does not exist...

What am I missing ?

I attached /etc/passwd and /etc/group

Are there ways to have these files more like unix /etc/passwd or
/etc/group
After installation all the files belong to Administ.Aucun

Thanks for your help and a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Yours
Bernard

PS I was sending you this message when I got your answer from the
mailing
list.
I do not know why my messages bounce.   I was happy to see that someone
had
the same trouble. In fact just changing to screen 0 in startxwin.bat was
enough and after that it works fine. Thanks to you.
I do not mind an answer to my other questions.
I apologize to send this message directly to you . I miss probably
something
to the mailing adress

 <<passwd>>  <<group>>