Compilation of GTK+ GLib in cygwin-xfree

Dear Cygwinnies

In order to have gtK+ glib running in cygwin-Xfree

 you obtain  the sources of gtk+ and glib  from
http://www.gtk.org/

In cygwin-Xfree
after gunzipped and untarred glib and gtk+ in /usr

  In glib-1.2.8 directory

I did the following modifications in

   gstrfuncs.c

g_strsignal (gint signum)
{
  static GStaticPrivate msg_private = G_STATIC_PRIVATE_INIT;
  char *msg;

#ifdef HAVE_STRSIGNAL
  /*extern char *strsignal (int sig);
  return strsignal (signum);*/
#elif NO_SYS_SIGLIST

 in Makefile    I removed gthreads in

SUBDIRS = . gmodule  docs tests

Then ./configure
./make
./make install

In gtk-1.2.8
 You do

./configure --with-glib=../glib-1.2.8

./make

./make install

Doing so I obtained gtk+ running correctly
This can be improved but for now on it is running in cygwin-xfree

Any suggestions about the fact that I commented HAVE_STRSIGNAL
 and did not compiled gthread are welcome.

Best regards

Yours

Bernard