Re: Cygwin Pthread support (was Re: Compilation of GTK+ GLib in cygwin-xfree)

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 07:22:33PM -0500, John Fortin wrote:
>If you are using cygwin, you need to realize that pthread functionality
>is NOT COMPLETE and has BUGS (or at least I have not seen anything which
>implies otherwise.)

This is correct.  I wish it was otherwise, but so far most people who
try to use the limited pthreads functionality in cygwin seem to be
content to note and complain about the bugs but no one has seemed
willing to look into fixing them.

>If GTK and/or GLib are pthread dependant, you will most likely have a
>lot of problems.
>
>You could try the pthread project at sourceware but I don't know if it
>has been ported to cygwin.  Chris??

I've heard reports that it works with cygwin but I don't really understand
how it could work well unless there was some effort to integrate it with
cygwin's signal handling.

cgf