Re: Cygwin Pthread support (was Re: Compilation of GTK+ GLib in cygwin-xfree)

John Fortin wrote:

> >If GTK and/or GLib are pthread dependant, you will most likely have a
> >lot of problems.

Only if you compile pthread support (--enable-threads in ./configure) into
GTK/GLib.
If you leave it out (see also Bernard's posts), you won't have to worry
about it.
However, if the application you want to build does require threads, you're
forced to compile it in.
Simple as that: you just have to forget about the pthread application(s) for
now.

Chris Faylor wrote:
> I've heard reports that it works with cygwin but I don't really understand
> how it could work well unless there was some effort to integrate it with
> cygwin's signal handling.

Anyway I'll give it a try.
Thanks for replying to both John and Chris.

Andreas