RE: Remote Gnome Sessions (RE: Running remote window manager)

>I have heard of something in the works called Test 7?
>is that the new test xfree?.

Yes, consider it the UNSTABLE release of the project.  It has horrible
performance, but it does work.

>I have seen your remote session, can i use xfree on
>cygwin to connect to my linux box, and be able to
>use the programs in linux?

Yes... that's what the test was.  In fact, you can run programs from your
linux box without using Gnome as your window manager.  See the
Cygwin/XFree86 User's Guide for a few tips on how to start, at
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/docs/ug/.

>Does xfree run in a desktop window yet?
STABLE?  No.
UNSTABLE?  Yes.

Thanks for your interest in the project,