Re: Xwin an .bashrc

Dear Gerrit

What you answered is what effectively should happen and what effectively
does happen under Linux for instance.
Unfortunately it does seem at least under my configuration that /etc/profile
is effectively taken into account.
For instance  $HOME is set as with cygwin the session starts in
/home/administrateur but neither .bashrc nor .bash_profile which are in the
HOME directory are read .
Do you effectively have such files in your home directory and can you check if
they are read ?

I would deeply appreciate to know
Yours
Bernard