only root wants to run xdm

Dear NT & Xwindow wizards,

 I m trying to get xdm to run on my NT4sp6 with cygwin 1.1.7, so far I tried changing my user name in etc/passwd, setting the setuid bit on xdm, switching on/off the NTSEC and NTEA variables, login workstation only (normally I log in a novell workgroup).
So far no success, and I m no programmer so I don t have the guts to delve in the xdm source. Please help... I d be really glad to get my NTbox to reply to xdmcp broadcasts !

(I m not subscribed to the mailing list and only using the web interface. Expect delays in my answers if you don t cc a post to the email below)

--
Frederic Oghdayan                 |   email: foghdayan@catena.nl
    Design support group          |     tel: (+31) 15 275 6000