RE: trouble starting up xfree

> Post your OS please.  Win9x/Me will give bad creation
>  and not supported at all

With me, it seems just so close, though. I get the familiar cross-hatched
background and X cross-cursor. But when looking at the startxwin.bat script
and playing with it, it just seems to me that the script is not
"syncronized". The X server starts fine. But, I never get an xterm to come
up because they it see the :0.0 display. The "start" command seems to place
the argument in its own process in the background , so I tried putting
"sleep 5" commands between the start command for xWin and for the xterm and
rxvt clients, thinking this might give the xserver a chance to start up and
"be there" for the X clients. Well, as you might guess ... no such luck.

BTW, I searched the cygwin xfree86 mail archives for "test7" and "test 7"
and found nothing that would indicate to me what Harold (or was it Howard)
did to make it work under Win98.

Has anyone else out there kludged anything together for Win98SE success?

Jon Berndt
Project Engineer
X-38 Simulation Software Support
Lockheed-Martin