RE: X startup problems

> I tried to get the xfree running on my NTWS4.0/SP box. I have
> a Compaq Pro
> Workstation, Dual PP200's, 256 MB RAM and an old Matrox
> Millenium.

Check for the latest drivers for your video card at Matrox URL.
They might be very very old and may not be compatible with DirectX.

Startx script should work from Cygwin bash shell.   Try using it, it might
put info on your screen
why X fails to boot.

Superprobe has no use at the moment.  We are using Windows native vendor
supplied drivers.

Suhaib