Difficulty with Cynwin 1.1.8

Hello. I am attempting to follow the directions for compiling XFree with
CygWin. However, I cannot seem to get off the ground with this.

With Cygwin 1.1.8, I have been unable to remount / as binary. When I
attempt to umount /:

$ umount /
umount: /: No such file or directory
$ mount
Device              Directory           Type         Flags
C:\cygwin\bin       /usr/bin            system       textmode
C:\cygwin\lib       /usr/lib            system       textmode
C:\cygwin           /                   system       textmode

I have downloaded the sources from CVS. Attempting to start the compile
however, I get the following error. I decided to try and go ahead
anyway. I do not know if this error has anything to do with the inablity
to remount / as binmode ...

$ make World.Win32
:
Building Release 6.5 of the X Window System.
:
:
Syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting "then")
make: [World.Win32] Error 2 (ignored)
cd ./config/imake
make -f Makefile.ini clean.Win32
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/administrator/xc'
make[1]: Makefile.ini: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.ini'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/administrator/xc'
make: *** [World.Win32] Error 2

Thanks for any help offered. Documentation on how to accomplish this has
so far elluded my attempts to find it. The doc directory does not seem to
have any, and the information on the webpage stops before actually
configuring/compiling/installing XFree on Xynwin/Win32

Jason