Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Shadow Framebuffer Test 1

----- Original Message -----
From: "Suhaib Siddiqi" <ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com>
To: "'Robert Collins'" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>; "Harold Hunt"
<huntharo@msu.edu>; "Cygx (E-mail)" <cygwin-xfree@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 10:41 PM
Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Shadow Framebuffer Test 1

> Rob
> from Integrated I assume you mean multi-windowing? which
> can allow user to cut and paste between x and win32 wndows and each
> x client has its own window?  That will require a windows manager
which can
> understabding x and
> win32 desktop... we do need someone to help us with it.
>
> Suhaib

Unfortunately I don't have the time to learn a new codebase... that's
why I'm contributing via the web pages rather than cutting code. By
integrated I really mean the X screen size == windows screen size at
startup time, with a transparent background that allows the windows
desktop to be visible, and clicking on a window window pops it to the
front. I'm not terribly concerned re clip boards and cutting and pasting
(I don't think _any_ effort should be put into that under X - the
/dev/clipboard in cygwin is a good start and if that were to be
finished, XFree86 would get it for free. ) In fact once I've finished
pthreads I _may_ look at the clipboard stuff (yes I admit it, I'm a
sucker for punishment).

So in summary:
* No new window manager needed :]
* /dev/clipboard is 1/2 there already