RE: tcpip call from startx

> Dear all,
> I have installed the latest cygnus and xfree binaries, the
> moment I try
> to start X from within Cygnus with startx I get the error that ./xinit
> is not found.
>
> So I tried to execute from the batch file startxwin.bat but
> somewhere in
> the start tcpip is called by LSL with a path that does not
> exist on the
> Novell server I work on: u:\net\net.cfg, anyhow LSL is not running at
> all

I have no idea what is going on with NOvell.  xinit does exists in
/usr/X11R6/bin if
you have installed xfree86-4.0.3-Porg.tar.bz2.  It is part of x-clients.
startxwin.bat does not make calls to tcpip, but X Windows does require your
TCP/IP should be installed properly on the machine on which you execute
xwin.exe.

What is LSL?

> Is this a common problem, or should I just compile myself to
> solve this?

Recompiling won't help you.  You need to trace the tcp/ip problem
on your workstation.

Suhaib