RE: dde on HPUX using xfree86 on cygwin error

It is hard for me to tell what fonts dde uses.  I do not have access HPUX.
Can you check DDE User's Guide. It might be in there?

The GLX on SGI and Linux is hardware accelerated (on Linux in most cases
since XF86 4.0.1).  On Cygwin we are doing software GLX rendering that is
going to be a bit slower compare to SGI.  The Windows won't allow GLX to
access hardware without crashing whole damn thing.  I spent several weeks to
get it working at least in software rendering mode.
Are you having remote network drives mounted on your NT workstation?  Cygwin
seems to slow down in some cases if you have network drives mounted.  You
can check Cygwin mail archive about work around.

I also have an SGI Octane2 and I could open Chemisrty 3D OpenGL modeling
application.  It is slow compared to working locally on SGI, but not bad.

If you downlaoded it 2 days ago then you do not have the latest Harold Test
Xwin.exe.  It was released yesterday and test4 was released today.  Please
check mail archive on how to get it.  I also released XF86 4.0.3 yesterday,
you could give it a try.  XF86 4.0.3 had some improvments in extensions,
perhaps it could help you?

Suhaib