From: edward [mailto:tailbert@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 6:35 PM
To: Kevin Wright
Subject: Re: XShm

Sure. I'd check the latest cygwin xfree... since there was just a release. I
don't know if that has shm stuff in it. but who knows, mebbe it does. If it
doesn't, then you have to do a bit of work. you have to check out the cvs
xfree86 code, and update two files:

xc/config/cf/cygwin.cf
=================
Change #define HasShm NO

#ifndef HasShm
#define HasShm NO
#endif

Change #define ExtraLibraries

#ifndef ExtraLibraries
#define ExtraLibraries
#endif

xc/config/cf/site.def
===============

Insert the following (I put it in the before vendor section)

#define HasShm YES
#define ExtraLibraries -lcygipc

then recompile *everything*, especially:

lib/X11
======

in Font.c: take out the cygipc.h code. should be just

#ifdef HAS_SHM
#include <sys/ipc.h>
#include <sys/shm.h>
#endif

in Imakefile: add to the Shm section:
#  ifdef cygwinArchitecture
    REQUIREDLIBS = -lcygipc
#  endif

lib/Xext
======

in Imakefile add:

PROJECT_DEFINES = -DHAS_SHM

to the section on HasShm

lib/Xv
====

no change, just remember to compile.

Sorry I can't give you diffs. I've hacked my X source so thoroughly i don't
know if it works anymore :) Of course you need the cygipc package too. 1.09
i think is the latest version.

cheers,
edward