Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Shadow Framebuffer Test 12

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 06:38:58PM -0800, Kevin Wright wrote:
> Just to confirm what Harold said:
>
> This latest version works very well! I'm running WindowMaker
> and Eterm and the colors for both look great and run rather quickly!
>
> As we say in the software business, "ship it"

Unfortunately your update sequence was too fast for me so I never
saw Test 11. Test 12 on W2KSP1, DirectX8a tends to flicker. While
moving the mouse, often big horizontal areas of the X root window
flicker white for a fraction of a second. This happens with
engine 2 and engine 4 and if the server may choose the engine by
itself (so I assume it's 2 or 4 then). That effect doesn't happen
with engine 1 and engine 8 (but 8 is pretty slow).

Test 12 keyboard doesn't behave well. Left Shift, Left Control and
Left Alt return the same keycodes and symbols as the corresponding
right keys which disallows native keyboard settings again.

And then I'm missing something. How do I set a key to be "mode" for
the native characters? Somehow my settings for the third character
set in my xmodmap file are ignored.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.