RE: XFree86 4.0.3 / LessTif 0.92.26 Symbol Collision

>I do not have an answer to your problem now, unless I compile LessTif
under
>Cygwin myself.  These symbols are always defined in Xt and MOTIF 2.x
>libraries.  However I see your link line has redundencies
>
>> ../../../lib/Xm-2.0/.libs/libXm.a -lXt -lSM -lICE -lX11 \
>> -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXt -lSM -lICE -lX11
>
>Why every library needs to be linked twice?
>
>Suhaib

Suhaib --

Thanks for the quick response!

I noticed the doubled libraries in the link line also; this is an
artifact of how configure worked (this makefile was generated automatically).
My understanding is that gcc is smart enough to ignore multiple inclusions
of libraries unless they're needed to resolve circular library dependencies,
so this shouldn't be contributing to the problem.

I've used previous versions of LessTif with previous versions of your XFree86
without problems, so I think this glitch has been introduced recently.  I'm
currently restoring a backup of my /usr/X11R6 directory so I can keep
working while I try to figure out the problem.

Thanks, by the way, for your work on XFree86 for Cygwin.  It's great.

-Brian
 kasper@aero.org