Re: AW: [ANNOUNCE] XWin Keyboard test 4

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Palic, Darko wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> I tried your Test4 and it won?t use the keys with Alt-R. If I press Alt-R it
> seems to have a "allways on" Alt-L. Sometimes I can disable it by pressing
> again Alt-R.
>
> Have you any idea?

I think i've got it.
When AltGr is pressed, 2 WM_KEYDOWN messages are sent to XWin.
The first for Control_L, the second for Alt_R. Everytime the Control_L
Message comes in, i test if Control_L is down. On Win9x/ME, the
GetKeyState will not acceot the virtual keycodes for the left or right
control (VK_LCONTROL, VK_RCONTROL) and returns alway 0.
The difference between the left and right control key works only on NT/2k.
Why can't MS create an API which behaves equal on NT and 9x?

Control won't work on Win98, since the keypress is always discarded.

Please send me the WM_*KEYDOWN Messages from test-3, since i can't test
on WinNT.

bye
    ago
http://www.gotti.org