RE: Can't Open Display

One more thing...

Run 'netstat -a' before and after you run XWin.exe.  XWin.exe should listen
on ports 6000+n where n are the active screen numbers.  So, if you are only
running with screen 0, then XWin.exe should open port 6000.

Something is amiss if after a reboot and prior to running Cygwin/XFree86,
you see that port 6000 is already being listened on.  I noticed that
somebody said they had Exceed, and to think that maybe Exceed is running a
program that is trying to listen on port 6000 at all times.

Of course, there could be some other unrelated program that is listening on
port 6000.

In any case, I'd be interested to see if XWin.exe is ever able to open port
6000 on the machines that are denying client connections.