RE: Questionalbe command line defines for Cygwin/XFree86

We do have pthread by default in cygwin. It's a wrapper around native
win32 threads. It's not 100% complete, but I don't have the time to
simply write everything, nor the time to fix problems porting code
_other than_ the thread using code. So The deal I've offered on the
cygwin lists (including this one) is that you tell me what functions you
need that are missing (check a current snapshot or better yet cygwin
CVS) and I'll write them. There aren't many missing now. There's no
library needed when linked in pthread code, it's part of libcygwin1.a.

What I'm suggesting is you try and build with thread support, report
back what happened, and I'll fix that. When that's fixed you try again,
and I fix again. When it's all working, the code will (hopefully :]) get
committed to cygwin1.dll and be available as a snapshot release. When
the next official release gets rolled, you can release an updated
XFree86 using ThreadSafeX.

Rob