Re: Color problems XDCMP to 16 and 24bit (probably endianness)

Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:

> Reply to mailing list please.

Can the mailing list be fixed so that there is a 'Reply-To:
cygwin-xfree@sources.redhat.com' in the headers. Otherwise I will make this
mistake again in the future.

> upgrade your NT 4.0 SP3 to PS6a. SP3 is sort of outdated
> for DirectX support.

Impossible because it is not me who decides but our system administrators. Our
NT machines run rock solid here (never seen a blue screen of death here at our
company) so our adminstrator are reluctant to change something on the setup.
So it seems I'm stuck with 8 bit display for XDCMP then.

> Also read mailing arcive

I did look at it but didn't found at first sight something that was color
related so I asked it here. I don't have the time to read all previous posts.

> and get Test 15 or onward from Harold, and use -engine 1 etc.

I've read the FAQ, the HOWTO scanned quickly through the mailing list archive
but didn't meat any of these things. Can you please update your FAQ or HOWTO
so you don't get those annoying questions anymore of users :)
I just want to help but don't have time to read a full mailing list archive.
If that is unacceptable to you I will shut up.

greets,
Staf.

|Staf Verhaegen (staf.verhaegen@imec.be) |ADRESS: IMEC vzw. - ASP/LITHO|
|tel: 016/ 281 783                       |        Kapeldreef 75        |
|fax: 016/ 281 214                       |        3001 Leuven (Belgium)|
 For every tool there are at least 2 uses: the one it was designed for
                 and the other for which it wasn't.