RE: Xfree or win-x11

two different project, two different aims.
Do any commercial X Windows system supplier provide xterm, xdm, xinit and
rxvt?
Answer is NO.  Because, when Microsoft designed Windows they decided not use
ptys.
The purpose of win32-x11 is to provide X11 compiled with Windows native
compilers
with no emulation layer dependencies.  You do not need xterm to access
remote clients

Start win32-x11, telnet to a remote machine froma Windows telnet software,
set the display to
your Windows machine and enjoy.  You also do not need xterm to display local
clients on
win32-x11.  Use cmd.exe or command.com after setting DISPLAY.

Suhaib