From: E Dambik [mailto:dambik@indiana.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 1:50 PM
To: jeremy@win1.net
Cc: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: Cannot open display problem?

Jeremy,

Have you installed DirectX 8 yet on your new Win2K installation?
If not, it might be interesting to see if it stills works after the upgrade.

Ed

From: "Jeremy Greiner" <jeremy@win1.net>
To: "Patrick Hung" <hung@Umunhum.Stanford.EDU>
Cc: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:13:21 -0500

I had this problem as far as I remember we established that it was a
networking issue .. most likely a conflict between NIC and modem .. I fixed
it (inderectly) by reisntalling win2k the only differences where lack of a
modem .. so that is why i think it is a NIC and modem issue .. if you have a
modem (or maybe 2 NICS) try seeing if connecting to the internet (or having
both NICS connected) and get your IP and connect through that..
-jeremy