Xaw3d ... and ... xf_dx.dll

Let me introduce myself. I am a CAD systems
administrator for CATIA in Germany on AIX and do some
C and Java programming. I stumbled on the Cygnus
project when I was doing a search for some C
rescources. I think the idea of porting a UNIX
emulator to run locally on top of Windows is one of
the best ideas I have found on the Internet in the
field of computing.

I have installed the latest download (17th April 2001)
of the entire Cygwin binaries. I am porting some
source code for a Finite Element package called FElt,
a certian module called Velvet. I have to say that GCC
runs quite well until linking the whole thing .. then
it says that it can't find Xaw3d (a piece of Athena).
Is a binarty available? If so, exactly which .bz file
contains this binary? I think I've downloaded them all
3 times each... :)

Hey... great Xwindows.. if I could get it running ;)

This is what happened:
I had the latest (11r6.4) and it just wouldn't start..
said it couldn't find a font. then I tried 11r6.0 and
it crashed... said it could't load xf_dx.dll. I'm
running Windows95 on my PC and don't plan to change (I
still like having real DOS).

I found another version (approx. 95K) of xf_dx.dll on
an ftp site and now it comes up with startxwin.bat but
really funky..

- the mouse 'snaps' to the lower right corner of my
window.
- the desktop manager doesn't seem to be running. The
xterminal has no scrollbar.
- the desktop seems to leave pieces of itself accross
my screen when I try to move it.. (I'm sure there is a
technical term for this phenomena).

Hey, does the WindowsNT version of START support a /B
option? I know Windows95 doesn't, and I had to edit it
out of the startxwin.bat for it to even run.

If I can fix these problems I am up and running 100%

Any help would be appreciated.

Ben